“Laughter is timeless, imagination has no age, and dreams are forever.”
Walt Disney (1901-1966)
A Fireside Folktales Performance
(c. 30 minutes)
Three of Aesop’s classic fables – The Ants & The Grasshopper, The Fox & The Stork and The Hare & The Tortoise – have been woven together into this delightful, funny and engaging play for children of all ages.
Harvest time is nearly here and there’s still so much work for the animals to do to make sure they will last through the winter. Can they put their disagreements aside and get the job done in time for the festival?
~ A brilliant show - the stories were ideal for the children to understand. And a perfect length too. Very good. Thank you!
~ Our daughter really enjoyed the performance. She is 5!
~ Thank you so much - it was amazing!
~ What a great show. Thank you! ~ It was the best show ever!
~ Terrific shows! We've seen several, all brilliantly done. Fabulous set up and great actors.
~ Fabulous performance! Really enjoyed myself, my daughter did too!
~ Brilliant show! The three children had a brilliant time! The props, the music, and the way it was all strung together was brilliant! Thank you!
~ I thoroughly enjoyed that and I cannot speak highly enough of what we've just seen! Well done everyone!
~ It made me smile 🙂
~ We really enjoyed Aesop's Fables - we liked the race!
~ It was brilliant. Thank you all!
~ Awesome! Loved the singing 🙂 and the biscuits
You might like to know…
- This performance runs for around 30 minutes.
- It is recommended for ages 4 and up.
- It is suitable for slightly younger children than The Musicians of Bremen, as it does not include any staged fighting.
- Members of the audience have the opportunity to join in with the Harvest Festival dance at the end of the play.
- It can be performed in the open air, as at Ham House, in our own 8m Bell Tent, as at Strawberry Hill House & the Barnes Children’s Literature Festival, or indoors in a large enough space.
- It would work particularly well at children’s birthday parties or as the entertainment for children at grown-up events, such as village fetes, corporate parties, weddings or other private celebrations. It will also appeal to animal lovers and anyone interested in the lessons that fables have to teach!